Top 10 reasons to drink water
1. Get Energized Being even mildly dehydrated can sap your energy. If you're thirsty, hydrated--and this can lead to fatigue, mus-cle weakness, and dizziness.
2. Healthy weight Water is a great appetite suppressant. It makes you feel full so you’re less likely to overeat. Often when we think we're hungry, we're actually just thirsty.
3. Think Better Staying hydrated is necessary for the human brain (which is 85 percent water) to function at its best. That’s why some schools are starting to encourage students to keep a bottle of water at their desks.
4. Smile. Fluoridated water helps you have pearly whites!
5. Get well The advice to "drink plenty of fluids" when you’re sick holds true. Water can help control a fever and replace lost fluids.
6. Headache cure. Sometimes headaches come from not drinking enough water. There are lots of other causes of headaches, of course, but dehydration is a common one.
7. Healthy skin. Drinking enough water is key to healthy skin.
8. Play like a pro. Drinking plenty of water keeps you at the top of your game. Being dehydrated can greatly reduce athletic performance.
9. Healthy for life. Studies show that drinking plenty of water reduces the risk of heart disease and cancer.
10. Better digestion. Drinking enough water keeps the gastrointestinal system working at its best.